Personally identifiable information collected
- App store providers such as Google Play and Apple’s App Store may provide us with information whenever Intros is downloaded or uninstalled, or an app review is submitted
- When registering for Intros, we may store registration data provided (e.g. name, phone number), as well as the UUID of the registering device
- Intros members’ voluntarily submitted “profile” data (e.g. contact info, profile picture)
- Intros members can invite other people into the app by sharing with us a name and contact method
- Push notifications sent through Intros utilize UUID
- When visiting our website, we may collect digital demographic data including but not limited to: IP address, browser, device OS, and pages visited
- When a user creates a “chat room” in our app, we record the “title” of the room, as well as names and contact information of the creator and people invited into the “chat room”
Other information collected
- When Intros members invite other people into the app, they are sent a URL link. That link may utilize attribution technology on non-personal information (e.g. device OS, device resolution, internet connection) that associates potential future app installs with originating link clicks.
Reason we collect this data
- Intros is a social networking app. Registration and profile data is necessary for maintaining a database of users.
- Basic demographic data and in-app user behavior is utilized for marketing and improving the app.
- When users invite others into the app, we use the provided contact information to reach them.
- Storing users’ profile data allows them to access their account on any device.
Protecting user data
Messages exchanged in the mobile app’s “chat” feature are encrypted.
However, no method of electronic transmission or method of data storage is perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that your information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission or while stored in our systems.
Storing and transmitting user data
To provide the Service in a reliable and responsible manner, INTROS processes and stores your information on secure servers which may be physically located in different countries around the world.
By continuing to use the Service, you agree that your information may be internationally transferred and that INTROS can process and store your information in a country other than where you submitted.
Duration of data storage
We retain some potentially personally identifiable information while your account is in existence. We many also extend this retention as needed:
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations or legal obligations
- to provide and complete customer support service
- to resolve disputes between or with users of our app
- to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service
Data disclosure to third-parties
- Personally identifiable information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- We may share some data with companies who fulfill services such as app store purchases, information processing, data management, customer service, and customer research.
- In certain legal situations (by law, legal process, or litigation), we may be required to disclose your data.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale, we may transfer the data we’ve collected to the relevant third party.
What are my choices with regards to the sharing of my information?
You can confirm and revise most of your personal information directly within the app at any time.
You can send us a written request at any time to confirm, correct, block, or delete any other personal information that we hold which cannot be altered directly in-app. Upon verification of your identity, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and in accordance with relevant law.
If you no longer wish to use the Service or if you no longer wish to consent to our data collection and use of your personal information, you may choose to delete the data from your Intros account or contact us. We will remove all personally identifiable information we have collected, but we cannot rescind any information you may have provided to other users during your use of the app (e.g. you shared an “Intros Card” that the recipient already saved to their local device).
133 The Promenade N. #105
Long Beach, CA 90802
January 30, 2018